Thursday, June 16, 2011

Broken Rules but only cost me $4

So today I broke a few of my rules that I have for couponing.

1. Never shop without binder
2. Never shop without a plan
3. Never buy anything you do not need
4. Never take kids
5. Never shop JUST to use a coupon

So, it all started when I found this coupon in the Star Telegram today at lunch

Then I found this

So after work I picked up Riley and we headed to CVS without BINDER, without a PLAN, with RILEY, and honestly just to use the CVS coupon.
Thankfully,I had one of the binders that I did not sale at my class so I had some coupons and I bribed Riley with a snickers so this is what happened....


Gatorade .88

Snickers (3) 1.19
1.00 if you bought 3 or more

Arnold Palmer 1.49

Soft Scrub 2/$5
used B1G1 from Sundays paper

Father's Day Card 2.79
Father's Day Card 2.99

Zyrtec (2) 11.98
used (2) 5.00 coupons

Used $5 off $20 Purchase

Total: 10.75 Saved 24.96
Got back $5.99 in extra bucks

Total: $4.76


I only wanted to spend right around $20 but with Riley I ended up buying more..see never take kids!!!!! I really did not need the Zyrtec but for this kind of a deal I could not pass it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment